Iron Gridlocke
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to level in Iron Gridlocke

Go down

How to level in Iron Gridlocke Empty How to level in Iron Gridlocke

Post by RainTheMighty Fri May 17, 2019 4:03 am

People may be wondering how does one gain EXP and level up in Iron Gridlocke. You, my friend, are in luck! I have in this here post is your guide to success.

First and foremost: In order to gain EXP you must be posting In-Character on one of the many scene threads. To get an immediate reward you must be RPing with other players, however, you can still post Solo RPs but those give you something different. After you are done posting, contact one of the admins so that we can properly examine your post so that we can award you your EXP. You will not gain anything from posting OOC messages there, we have other places to do that. You will also not gain EXP from posting OOC, period, this is an RP forum that is slightly doubling as a game and last I checked you didn't progress through games by hitting the pause button.

Now then! Moving on to how this will all work. Please take a few minutes to examine this chartski

How to level in Iron Gridlocke Athing10

What this means:

Small Post will net you 25 EXP per post, this post should not be super short but it does not have to be super long either. It must also be in-character and not some random out of character non-sense. Exhibit A:

Jack Jillannhallz post:

"Sup!"

That will not get you any EXP as it is waaaaaaay too short to even be considered a short RP, to be honest, it can't even be considered RP in general. A short post should at least be a paragraph. It does not have to be overly detailed and it doesn't even have to have big words. It does have to do with the scene though, so just make sure to stay on topic. Exhibit B:

Jack Jillannhallz post:

Upon being startled, the youth would quickly turn his attention from his term paper to focus on the figure at the door. Much to his delight, it would be his brother Lucas, finally home from his long trip. The young Jillannhall would smile big for a moment before quickly changing it to a cool smirk, no doubt trying to show his maturity. Shifting his hands away from his desk to his headphones, he would slide them off his head and move them to his neck. The music would continue blaring loudly but not enough to fill the room. Finally, Jack would take a sharp yet silent inhale of breathe before opening his mouth.

"Sup!"

That post is considered small and will get you the proper amount of EXP. Additionally, you receive $250 per small post.

Medium Post can be 2 to 3 paragraphs. Once again it has to be an actual RP that is related to the scene. If you include any OOC in there then it will not count. I'm not telling you that you can't play around with the strikethrough, I do it too when I RP and so do many others,  but don't expect to be rewarded for it. Additionally, you receive $500 per medium post.

Large Post can be 4 to 6 paragraphs and is usually the preferred posting length for those that love to be detailed. If you choose to make a large post then once again, stay on topic. Also, don't repeat words just to make it longer. I don't mean like having a tendency to repeat the same word in every other sentence, I mean constantly repeating a word to increase the length of your post. Example:

The drive was very very VERY long.

Don't be that person...please. It's fine if it's done once per post, it makes sense if it's like character dialogue, but if you do it more than once your post won't be counted. Additionally, you receive $750 per large post.

Wall of China Post can be +7 paragraphs, meaning that anything above 7 paragraphs is considered a wall of text. I know quite a lot of Roleplayers that post these types, some have even gotten the hang of typing one up without even breaking a sweat. This one is worth the most points but also depending on the person, takes the most time. The same rules apply from Large Post, don't repeat words to get that post length. Additionally, you receive $1000 per wall post.

Now Solo Post are different from the previous four. Solo Post are when you go through a scene Roleplaying by yourself. The post can be short or long as it is meant to help you develop your character without any other player in the scene with you. If you post a solo RP you won't be awarded EXP, instead, you will be awarded Bonus EXP. Bonus EXP will be award upon your next actual post, which means if you do one Solo Post and then do a Small Post you will gain 25 EXP plus an added on 5/10/15/20/25/30 Bonus EXP (yes I am aware about the flub on the chart, I was tired when I made it shaddap!). The best part, each of those depends on your level at that time, so from levels 1 to 19, you will be getting +5 BEXP per Solo Post, from levels 20 to 39 you will be getting +10 BEXP per Solo Post, etc. Think of this as a good way to get character development but with an added benefit. Additionally, you receive $500/750/1000/1250/1500 bonus money per solo post, and it will work in the same fashion as BEXP.

Event Post are self-explanatory, it will all depend on the GM that is hosting said event. Maybe post are doubled in the amount of EXP, maybe even tripled, who knows.

This concludes the small-ish guide on how to level up on IG, I look forward to seeing all of your writing. Happy Roleplaying!
RainTheMighty
RainTheMighty
Admin

Character Profile
Character Name:

https://iron-gridlocke.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down